30 Days of Harry Potter
10. Favorite book moment(s)
It has been ages since I've cracked a spine of any of these so this may be a shoddy recollection (mostly the emotional lasting impressions from that period) because for the last few years I've lived in the land of awesomeness and have a hard time differentiating between that and
Of course, the most prominent for any H/Hr shipper is also, the ministry stuff in OotP. OMG! DID I NOT BREATHE THAT ENTIRE CHAPTER? I did not. These fucking kids in the fucking MINISTRY and the whole unraveling of EXPOSITION in OotP. Just. THESE FUCKING KIDS!
AND SIRIUS CALLING HARRY JAAAAAAAAMES!!!!!!!!! OH! My heart.
And then this part in HBP:
Guh. Kids + Vows = ASDKFJL!@#!@#$!!!!11!!1
I remember McG not only being a BAMFY HBIC in OotP and HBP but her ferociousness as protector of the school was only exceeded by fierce dedication to protecting her children and I couldn't help but thinking WHY CAN'T YOU BE HARRY'S GUARDIAN?!
Plus there's awesome shit like this:
“If you are of age, you may stay,” said Professor McGonagall. ...and then they fight.
Lioness of Gryffindor indeed.
McG FUCKING RULES!
I also remember being very fond of Luna and her quiet steadfastness. Her understanding of Harry and his longing for a parent. The commonality of the Thestrals? Awesomesauce. She was amazingly supportive without being overbearing and she's a bamfy witch to top it off.
Part of the DA indeed.
Then there's Draco.
Poor little woobie Draco who was forced to become someone he was never meant to be by doing all these dastardly deeds.
ALL of these kids were never meant to become who they are. Oh, poor things. *pets them*
And Snape and his moments.
He is a HORRIBLE teacher and not a very nice human being but somewhere beneath the tortured soul lays a genuinely caring person. The boy who died for love. Oh. Tragic big damn anti-hero he is. Everything he did for Lily. Oh, that just... Just. Also, the fact that he's played by ALAN FUCKING RICKMAN, who's voice and personage I had in my head whilst reading just... NNNNYYYYYYAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH!! THIS. MAN. OH.
Holy shite, HP gives me word vomit after I've processed a bit.
11. Character you're crushing on
12. Favorite movie scene(s)
13. Least favorite character(s)
14. Moments in the books/movies that made you cry
15. Whatever tickles your fancy
16. How have you participated in the fandom over the years?
17. Your favorite celebs from the movies or fandom
18. If you could change one thing about canon, what would it be?
19. A favorite fanart
20. A favorite quote
21. How has the HP fandom connected you to other fandoms, interests, or people?
22. Your favorite villain
23. Share some HP icons
24. Rant about Steve Kloves something
25. Song that reminds you of HP
26. What aspect of the books has been best translated to film?
27. What aspect of the books has been most poorly translated to film?
28. Hogwarts subject you would most like to take
29. Favorite location
30. Whatever tickles your fancy