Now, in honour of all the new shiny friends I made over the last few days I figure I do a HP meme since it ate my life.
30 Days of Potter Meme:
01. Discuss how you got into Harry Potter
The books had been out for years but I never bothered with them because I was all: Puh-sha! Kiddie books, whatevs. But my friends would. not. shut up about omg!Harry Potter this and Harry Potter that so I was all FINE! Just tell me the synopsis of the first four books so you can omgshutupaboutit. laregan did just that while we were doing something... else. I thought, okay, I can see why it's entertaining and aww, cute there's a headstrong!hero and brainiac!best!friend! I can totally dig that and I wonder if they get together cos they are the perfect compliment of brain + heart = COMPLETE. I was curious but not curious enough to drag my ass out to get the books.
Then The Bro borrowed a DVD from a co-worker and the wrong movie was in it. It was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. At first I was Puh-sha! Harry Potter, whatevs. But The Bro insisted on watching it cos 'we might as well since we have nothing else better to do', so I conceded. AND HOLY CRAP WAS IT AN AWESOME MOVIE! I didn't understand the wank some fans were giving it because ALFONSO CUARON RUINS IT THAT RUINER because HOLY CRAP WAS IT AN AWESOME MOVIE! Plus the headstrong!hero and brainiac!best!friend! were all cute and cuddly so, of course, I shipped. Like. Freaking. Fed. Ex.
I retroactively borrowed all the movies and books from Laregan and in pretty much an entire week CONSUMED everything Potter. I suppose I still do. WEEKS at a time I get lost in the Potter!verse and/or more correctly Harry/Hermione because they are perfect and beautiful and lovely and strong and absolute complete sense and they make me flail and I use 153 words to describe them when 8 will do just fine provided of course I can actually sentence properly if the flail doesn't kill me. I swear they make me incoherent and absorbed. I often swap out verbosity for this:
...because the I love I have for Potter!verse is equal to the amount of hate because of the Crapilogue of Fail and all it's 2000 parts.
But at least I have this:
Because these kids are made of winter and FREAKING EPIC!!1!!11!
02. Your favorite book
03. What house would you be in?
04. Your favorite movie
05. Wizard Rock: discuss
06. Your favorite character(s)
07. Drink that reminds you of HP
08. Your favorite ship(s)
09. Fanfiction: discuss
10. Favorite book moment(s)
11. Character you're crushing on
12. Favorite movie scene(s)
13. Least favorite character(s)
14. Moments in the books/movies that made you cry
15. Whatever tickles your fancy
16. How have you participated in the fandom over the years?
17. Your favorite celebs from the movies or fandom
18. If you could change one thing about canon, what would it be?
19. A favorite fanart
20. A favorite quote
21. How has the HP fandom connected you to other fandoms, interests, or people?
22. Your favorite villain
23. Share some HP icons
24. Rant about Steve Kloves something
25. Song that reminds you of HP
26. What aspect of the books has been best translated to film?
27. What aspect of the books has been most poorly translated to film?
28. Hogwarts subject you would most like to take
29. Favorite location
30. Whatever tickles your fancy